Millions of listens, tens of millions of downloads, thousands of people reaching out, and thousands of guests… Entrepreneurs on Fire Podcast’s numbers are ultimately on fire considering that they only started in 2013.
In this episode of The Business Mentor Podcast, Jay talks to its founder John Lee Dumas. Discover today how podcasting can be a multi-million-dollar business as John bares the business models and strategies he has already used and mastered throughout his years of experience. He also shares some advice on choosing your niche, creating content, dealing with negative feedback, and being transparent.
Podcasting is not going anywhere. Start learning how you could be a multimillionaire like John through podcasting when you tune in.
- John’s biggest advice: Care should be at the centre of everything you do. Care for the content you create. Care for the connections you build, whether it be with the guests, entrepreneurs, or followers. Care for the feedback and support you receive.
- You can’t please everyone. Don’t even try. Whatever value you put out there, they will be well-received by people who can only relate with them.
- How does John deal with negative comments? Empathy. “Hurt people hurt people.”
- For 71 months, John and his team have been putting out financial reports and have been releasing them monthly. John prides also that since 2013, the year they’ve launched, their revenues never went down the six-digit mark.
- 3 Qualities That Are Clear On The Successful Entrepreneurs John has interviewed:
- The Ripple Effect. John wants to inspire his listeners to get out of their comfort zone, start doing things that aligns with their passions and values, and also inspire other people through their actions.
- The future of Podcasting. It will be a part of every individual’s day while they do their chores while they work or while they unwind. If you want to start a podcast, find your niche and create unique, valuable content in the right momentum.
- “You just do what you can where you are with what you have.”
- “If you try to resonate with everybody, you resonate with nobody.”
- “Hurt people hurt people.”
- “…That’s why we publish our income report. We love it how it holds us accountable. Frankly, the reason you don’t see people doing it is because they’re not making money.”
- “Making the world a better place, that’s my legacy.”
- “Not everybody by a longshot can be an entrepreneur.”
- Entrepreneurs On Fire Podcast
- Podcaster’s Paradise
- The Podcast Journal
- The Freedom Journal
- The Mastery Journal
ABOUT THE GUEST
John Lee Dumas is the founder and host of Entrepreneurs on Fire, a business podcast where he interviews successful entrepreneurs. EOFire, which has launched in 2012, was named Best of iTunes in 2013 and has now 2000+ episodes. It is still expanding and gaining a lot of followers all over the world.
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0-500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all without any investment other than a small amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota and New Look, to name a few.
Its huge success inevitably brought about outside interest, and at the age of 33, Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly-coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to success as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone, 95% of business fail within the first five years, and Jay’s aim is to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.