In this episode of The Business Mentor Podcast, your host Jay Dhillon takes the hot seat! He is joined by Lloyd Girard from White Box Property Solutions, who interviews Jay about his entrepreneurial journey. Jay can’t emphasize enough, what has always been fun and satisfying for him in his journey – and can be with you also – is the opportunity he has to contribute value to others; by mentoring and producing resources. There’s no pause or stop button for this passion of Jays.
Of course, there were a lot of challenges before Jay even got to where he is right now. Listen in today at how he managed these challenges and how he was able to scale up his businesses.
- Jay has been running businesses for 20 years. His first business was in recruitment, grew it, and sold it in 2013. He then explored property investment and started his online recruitment agency, com. He has also been mentoring entrepreneurs on how to start and scale up their business through The Business Mentor Podcast and The Business Mentor Academy.
- Jay is certain that believing in yourself and in your business that it will be successful did a massive impact on how he got to where he is right now.
- Challenges in running businesses?
- He wasn’t ready when the recession came. What he did was he confided with his mentors and colleagues who have experienced it. Aside from motivating him, they gave him great advice and strategies.
- Find a mentor who will listen, understand, and help you with your career or business. There’s a large number out there to choose from, but you have to put in the effort and time to find the perfect match for you.
- Jay has always been passionate to give back and urges other entrepreneurs to do the same. Share your experience, inspire others to do what they want to do.
- Look at money as a way to create opportunities for you, your business and for other people. It will have a positive effect on your mindset, your focus, and your vision.
- He hopes that his content that he produces can change the lives of other people and will urge other entrepreneurs to do the same – to give back to other people.
- Jay’s Top Tips for Starters:
- Everything you do in your business, systemize it.
- Treat everything as a business.
- Invest in sales and marketing.
- Develop your staff.
- Don’t let anything bring you down.
- “It’s hard to find the right one. There’s a lot of mentors out there, but you got to gel, and you got to get on with your mentor.” – Lloyd
- “Money is the auxiliary of business.” – Jay
- “My legacy is just leaving my footprint and changing the lives of people.” – Jay
- “Every business I’ve worked with – property, recruitment, e-commerce – it’s all about systems because that’s what tracks the metrics.” – Jay
- The Business Mentor Academy
- The Business Mentor Podcast: Creating a Profitable Business in 30 Days with Luca Gallone | Apple | Omny | Google | Stitcher
- The Entrepreneurs Secret to Success Event | Friday | 10 May 2019
ABOUT THE GUEST
Lloyd Girardi is the co-founder of White Box Property Solutions, one of UK’s biggest property development training company. He is also the author of “Property Development – Discover the secrets to becoming a property developer, from scratch, using none of your own.”
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0-500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all without any investment other than a small amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota and New Look, to name a few.
Its huge success inevitably brought about outside interest and at the age of 33, Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly-coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to success as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone 95% of business fail within the first five years and Jay’s aim is to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.