Jay welcomes back author, mentor and entrepreneur, Neville Wright to the podcast to discuss what the current economic situation means for those of you wanting to start, grow and scale your own business. Discover what it takes to capitalise on new business opportunities, what it means to learn something new each and every day and what it means to be an entrepreneur today.
- The doom and gloom of the current economic situation will continue for the near future, however, it will push those of you who are on the fence or concerned about starting a business to go ahead and start your business or grasp that opportunity you’ve been waiting to take. If you do not start a business now it’s something you may regret. If the economy recovers in the next couple of years you may not have the same opportunity again.
- With many people being made unemployed it’s a fantastic situation for business owners to find new employees with skills and qualifications to bring into their business.
- Business owners that want to improve and increase their business need to accept the reality of the current situation and take your luck as it comes. Now is a great time to start your own business and capitalise on current opportunities in the marketplace.
- Can you utilise a ‘secret salesperson’ in your business? A secret salesperson is utilising a feeling, emotion or niche audience or even fear to help market, promote and sell your business to the customer and market your brand. In Kiddicare the secret salesperson was the pregnant mother.
- As an entrepreneur, you need to be ‘in it to win it’ and prepared to grasp opportunities when they present themselves. Wherever you are there is someone running the same business as you but some of them are thriving and some of them are just surviving, which business are you?
“There are no benefits to the benefits system in the long run”
“With businesses, you’re always learning”
“Once you taste your own freedom of being your own boss I don’t think you’ll ever go and work for someone ever again”
“Businesses in today economic situation has to adapt and change with new rules and remote working.”
- Sign up to the Transform My Life Online course: https://beautifulminds.com.au/transform-my-life-online-course/
- Join The Disruptive Movement: https://www.disruptivedare.com/
- Read As A Man Thinketh by James Allen. Order it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/As-Man-Thinketh-Complete-Original/dp/1523643536
- Subscribe to The Business Mentor Podcast, the #1 iTunes Business Podcast in the UK! https://businessmentorpodcast.com/
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0 to 500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all with no investment other than a slight amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota, and New Look, to name a few.
Its immense success inevitably brought about outside interest, and at the age of 33, Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to succeed as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone 95% of businesses fail within the first five years and Jay aims to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Neville Wright is an multimillionaire entrepreneur, author, mentor and public speaker and has built a number of successful businesses, despite leaving school at 15 with no qualifications. Neville developed a property maintenance business, expanding into retail, alongside incorporating buying and selling businesses. Most people recognise Neville for the sale of Kiddicare, a baby nursery retailer which we started in 1977 and sold for £70 million pounds in cash to Morrisons supermarket in 2011. A record price for one independent shop in the depths of a recession. What many people will not know is Neville had previously sold three nursery businesses, dating back over the last 36 years, plus a variety of other businesses including hairdressing salons, restaurants, a large house-building business and a technology company.