Do you often find yourself being overworked and feeling burnt out? Join Jay today as he shares his top 10 tips on how to avoid burnout which can help you and your business thrive. Discover the importance of planning your days, taking a break from your business and how this can allow you to become more creative and help you come up with your best business ideas.
- You have got to make time to take a break from your business life. When you allow yourself to take a well-needed break, that is when you will become more creative. Taking a break will allow you to come up with new ideas. Your best business ideas will come when you are away from your business.
- Exercise is a great way to allow yourself to get away from some situations and put your focus onto something else. When you exercise you will feel a lot better in yourself, not only will it help you maintain a healthy lifestyle but it will also allow you to keep your brain nice and fresh.
- Plan for your day ahead. Having a list of all the things you wish to complete by the end of the day can allow you to focus your mind. If you turn up each day and try to freestyle your schedule you may find you become distracted by each task that lands in front of you. Creating a plan allows you to say no to the less important tasks, saying no is powerful as it allows you to manage your day.
- Realise that you can do this. No matter what situation you are in, you can do whatever you put your mind to. With hard work, effort and dedication you can achieve almost anything you desire. If you believe you can do anything you want to do that takes away the pressure as you will understand that you can achieve your goal.
- Speak to someone and tell them how you are truly feeling. That is why mentorship programmes are so valuable because you are able to have conversations with people which allow you to confess how burned out you feel. Do not let your feelings fester inside you because burnout can have some bad consequences in business. Don’t allow burnout to build up because eventually, this can lead to something deeper.
- Take a break from your phone. As a society, we are always by our phones because these days, our phones run everything. Take time to come away from your phone when your schedule can allow it. Taking time in the morning to spend time away from your phone can allow you to start your day off positively.
“Make sure you take a break, that is when all the creativity comes.”
“You have got to encourage happiness within your day.”
“ If I burn out, then over the next few days my productivity is down and therefore it is counterproductive.”
Watch the Podcast Interviews by Subscribing to Jay’s Youtube Channel http://bit.ly/JayDhillonYouTube
Subscribe to The Business Mentor Podcast, the #1 iTunes Business Podcast in the UK! https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/business-mentor-podcast/id1370793386
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0 to 500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all with no investment other than a slight amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota, and New Look, to name a few.
Its immense success inevitably brought about outside interest, and at the age of 33, Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to succeed as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone 95% of businesses fail within the first five years and Jay aims to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.