Today is your lucky day! This episode of The Business Mentor Podcast is a coverage of a keynote Jay has delivered for fellow entrepreneurs and professionals in his hometown, Derby. He gives out his top (and proven) strategies in making his business and brand successful. He also shares some of his experiences—from the 30-day business challenges to his property investing to the success of his podcasting.
Treat your business like a business. This is Jay’s ultimate advice for business owners. Document everything, put a reliable system in it and create a competitive team. Let Jay help you believe in yourself and tune in today.
- Jay has encountered a lot of entrepreneurs making the mistake of not documenting EVERY little thing that happens in the business. He reiterates that it is a must. Those entrepreneurs spend most of their time firefighting, instead of thinking of new ways to be scale up their business.
- Create a vision for your business—one with no limitations. Having a vision board will give you the clarity of where you want to go. Expect that your business won’t last long if you’re just drifting nonsensically.
- Create different income streams. Property investment is still the best way to increase your wealth. For Jay, he did business first, then invested in property. He is now coaching and mentoring, aside from hosting his own podcast too. (It doesn’t really matter where you start, remember that.)
- Focus on one platform. Jay particularly chose to dive deep in podcasts. Podcasting is easy. He also likes how he can repurpose his videos to audios or to other type of content. He is now providing content to thousands of people with the help of his media team.
- “It’s all about systems. It’s all about putting processes in place.”
- “When you’re doing your vision, you need to do it without any limitations.”
- “It takes time to build it up. You have to put the work in initially.”
- “We have a hundred episodes now… That’s a bank of content.”
- Watch Jay Dhillon’s interview with The Singing Dentist Dr Milad Shadrooh here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W17q4YQmZ1I
- Listen to the Creating a Profitable Business in 30 Days with Luca Gallone episode of The Business Mentor Podcast here: https://omny.fm/shows/business-mentor-podcast/008-creating-a-profitable-business-in-30-days-with
- Read The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness by Dr Steve Peters. Order it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chimp-Paradox-Management-Programme-Confidence/dp/009193558X
- Subscribe to The Business Mentor Podcast, the #1 iTunes Business Podcast in the UK! https://businessmentorpodcast.com/
ABOUT THE GUEST
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0 to 500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all with no investment other than a slight amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota, and New Look, to name a few.
Its immense success inevitably brought about outside interest, and at the age of 33, Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to succeed as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone 95% of businesses fail within the first five years and Jay aims to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.