Nothing goes wrong when there’s a cup of coffee in hand! In this episode of The Business Mentor Podcast, Jay talks to MSG Tours Ltd Founder Mark Gardner about his multi-businesses, the travel industry, how he built his team, and his rise from an employee to CEO, aside from his passion for coffee.
Mark is an adventurous guy. He’s into sports and into traveling. This is regardless of how extreme or how absurd things get. Whatever it is, he’s always on the go. So, when he got a chance to start his brand which combines two of his two passions, he just went all in. No doubts, no reservations.
Right now, he has already offered tours and travel services to thousands of sports fans, travellers, tourists, and many more adventurous souls like his around the world. Be inspired today with his stories and tips when you tune in!
- Dislocating a knee won’t stop our guest Mark Gardner from loving sports. When he learned he couldn’t do any extreme sports (i.e. snowboarding) anymore or join the military, he decided to look for opportunities elsewhere.
- He coached about British soccer to kids in the USA. He also became a social secretary for a rugby team, which gave him a chance to travel the world.
- He saw the possibility of mixing two things he’s passionate about. He wanted something where he could still be in the realms of sports & traveling whilst growing his wealth.
- The travel industry is cash-rich. When tourists and travellers book tours with them, they pay weeks in advance. It’s easy to do a forecast on your cash flow and profits.
- Market research is a vital step that some entrepreneurs don’t spend time on. According to Mark, it’s easy to outline and execute a plan if you know who you are creating for. There is also a reduced possibility of malfunctions since you can implement a fool-proof (or near to it) system in place.
- Ask the question. If you’re going through a tough time, let somebody help you out. You can approach them directly. Or, you can start googling online for free resources provided by business mentors. There are a lot out there that exist, just like this podcast.
- “I made the wrong decision of following the herd.”
- “To make rational calls in a very emotive industry that is fast-paced is actually crucial to the wellbeing of the business and its staff.”
- “Travel is a great business to work in.”
- Subscribe to The Business Mentor Podcast, the #1 iTunes Business Podcast in the UK! https://businessmentorpodcast.com/
ABOUT THE GUEST
Mark Gardner is the owner of MSG Tours LTd. His company, which was launched in 2015, offer enriching travel experiences (e.g. travel tours, ski trips, sports tour, etc.) to clients from different clients in the world.
- Mark’s LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mrsportstours
- Mark Gardner’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/mr_sportstours
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0 to 500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all with no investment other than a slight amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota, and New Look, to name a few.
Its immense success inevitably brought about outside interest, and at the age of 33, Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to succeed as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone 95% of businesses fail within the first five years and Jay aims to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.