What are the Cardones up to lately?
In this episode of The Business Mentor Podcast, Jay talks to Elena Cardone about how the power couple (referring to her and Grant, of course) are staying sane, spending time with their family, and keeping their business up and running even though they’re stuck at home.
Luckily for the Grants, they’ve prepared for such a threat to their business empire. They’ve got their Plan B, and even more back-ups, up their sleeves. But what if we aren’t like them? What if our businesses are in the danger zone lately? Elena Cardone recognises this—that there will be more people who’ll be suffering from this outbreak. Listen to Elena give some tips so you can still get back up as soon as the economic turmoil dissipates. Other topics discussed today: separating business talks from family bonding time, maintaining healthy couple relationships, and more, so tune in.
- Most analysts have long been telling us about a market crash, but this global market shutdown was not what they were expecting. This coronavirus pandemic totally changed everything. But Elena and Grant were prepared. This is what separates them from the others. And they really hope others were too.
- The truth is, most small-scale businesses will suffer. They won’t survive this collapse. They must go back to the planning table and rethink of ways they can make it through this transition to—what most call—the ‘new normal’. Maybe this is the right time to reinvent and look at new ventures in other industries.
- Always learn how to separate business stuff from your family life. We are all stuck at home, with very limited movement. We have even taken our work home. So, imagine the stress from work and the additional stress from all the COVID-19 news colliding—it could get difficult to keep the familial ties healthy.
- It’s already difficult to avoid clashes of ideas or aspirations between two people who live together. Surely even more so with a couple who are in business together?
- Whenever there’s an altercation, Elena sees to it that she makes the conscious effort to pause, breathe, and to be less emotionally reactive.
- Trust is also very important—you have to let your partner do his/her part. And also, remember to always stand beside your partner no matter what.
- Some tips from Elena so our businesses can go through this tough period:
- Accept where we’re at and there will be a needed change.
- Economise; don’t spend frivolously. You can use your resources to improve on yourself.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Everything’s tough, so don’t let anyone make it tougher.
- Find time to create fun now and then.
- Do everything to remove the stress!
- “The uncertainty of not knowing the market, not knowing what’s coming, is stressful no matter who you are.”
- “It’s hard to not get sucked up in it with the uncertainty going around.”
- “We will hire people”
- “There are changes, and that you just have to accept that life is different.”
- “Wear your role in the relationship despite the difficultness.”
- You can reserve your 10X Growth Conference seat now! Check here for more information: https://10xgrowthcon.com/
- Read Elena Cardone’s book Build an Empire: How to Have It All. Order it on Amazon here: https://store.grantcardone.com/products/buildanempire
- Listen to the Women In Power Podcast here: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/grant-cardone-3/women-in-power
ABOUT THE GUEST
Elena Cardone started her career in Hollywood and soon became a successful actress and model of TV and film fame. A lifelong competitive sport shooter, and now author, businesswoman, public speaker, empire builder and visionary, Elena currently hosts her own show, “Women in Power” and co-hosts “The G&E Show” with her husband, Grant Cardone, bestselling author, entrepreneur and real estate investor. Together they have created a real estate portfolio of almost one-billion dollars.
Elena has been happily married since 2004 (July 4th to be exact – and the fireworks have never stopped) and lives with her husband Grant and their two daughters, Sabrina and Scarlett, in Miami Beach.
- Elena Cardone’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/elenacardoneWIP/
- Elena Cardone’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/elenacardone/
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0 to 500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all with no investment other than a slight amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota and New Look, to name a few.
Its immense success inevitably brought about outside interest, and at the age 33 Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to succeed as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone 95% of business fail within the first five years and Jay’s aim is to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.