“Present yourself as if you’re going to sit down with one of your prospects for lunch.”
In this episode of The Business Mentor Podcast, Jay asks Dennis Brown how can entrepreneurs utilise LinkedIn to gain more leads and more clients. Dennis has successfully grown his business through LinkedIn, as soon as he signed up, he landed his first six-figure client. Hard to believe for some since it’s a platform for millions and millions of people. Dennis wants you to know it’s possible—you can also hit the “LinkedIn Lottery”!
They also discuss the 3 main things you can do to utilise LinkedIn, 3 primary strategies on generating business on LinkedIn, what highly successful people do, how to scale up your business and more.
- Before you become the expert, you have to be a practitioner. There is more you can learn from being in the workforce and having hands-on entrepreneurial experience than reading business books. You can memorise all theories you read, but you have to learn how they apply in the business world.
- It’s easy to scale up a business when you acknowledge that you won’t be alone climbing the ladder—you need a team. You want your business to grow bigger and continue thriving. Not let it stand still. Let others do tasks you aren’t an expert at.
- How can you utilise LinkedIn? Find. Connect. Engage.
- Your target market is easy to find in LinkedIn. Everything will appear in the search results. Then, gather some sales intelligence—this will depend on whatever relationship you want to build with the individual.
- Write the perfect LinkedIn Connection Request before sending it to the prospect. Don’t use the default template; make it as personal possible.
- After that, you can message them, or they can now see your content where they can engage with you and other people.
- 3 Primary Strategies on Generating Businesses on LinkedIn: Paid Advertising, Targeting Outreach, Content
- Utilising LinkedIn is not about having the greatest number of connections. It’s about having quality connections—engaging with people who you can be of value to and vice versa. Publishing some impactful content helps too as the LinkedIn algorithm will make sure you reach your targeted market.
- “There’s a difference in being a practitioner and knowing only the theories.”
- “I need to find the right people. And more than finding the right people, I need to be willing to trust them and give away the things I was already doing.”
- “If you’re selling a business, then the people you are selling to are in LinkedIn.”
- “Don’t get caught up in the numbers of connections and followers you have.”
- Listen to The Growth Experts Podcast on Apple Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-growth-experts-podcast/id1339203435
- Read Danny Brown’s The 7 Habits of Highly Successful LinkedIn Users! here: http://www.linkedacademy.com/
- Download The Ultimate Guide to Generating Inbound Leads with LinkedIn for FREE here: https://www.askdennisbrown.com/guide
- Read Mike Michalowicz’s book Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine here: https://profitfirstbook.com/
- Listen to LinkedIn Ads Show by AJ Wilcox on Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9saW5rZWRpbmFkcy5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw&hl=en-PH
ABOUT THE GUEST
Dennis Brown is a successful entrepreneur and the author of The 7 Habits of Highly Successful LinkedIn Users. He has built three multi-million-dollar businesses during his 25-year career and has generated over $20 million in new business from LinkedIn and social selling.
His expertise lies in utilising LinkedIn for business building. He has been helping entrepreneurs for more than a decade now optimise its features and keep updated with its algorithm.
- Connect with Dennis Brown on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/askdennisbrown/
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0 to 500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all with no investment other than a slight amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota and New Look, to name a few.
Its immense success inevitably brought about outside interest, and at the age 33 Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to succeed as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone 95% of business fail within the first five years and Jay’s aim is to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.