As Mentioned on the Podcast – Please see special Deal from our Sponsor
Get Surfshark VPN at https://surfshark.deals/BMPodcast
Enter promo code BMPodcast for 83% off and one extra month free!
In this edition of the Business Mentor Podcast, Jay talks to one of the best out there, the man who’s made it his mission to conquer the biggest obstacles in his path and never look back.
With several multi-million dollar ventures in his portfolio of incredible successes, and thriving on a determination to push himself through any challenge, who better to mentor you in business than this week’s guest, the peerless Mr Rafael Badziag.
It’s an incredible conversation that covers everything from the importance of your team, and how to level-up through them, to the three types of people in the world today, and how to make sure that you have a chance of being in the top-tier…
- Everyone in business is out to succeed. What sets you apart is the drive you have, and the team that you build. It’s in the way you enhance and inspire the people who are making it happen alongside you.
- The ones who truly succeed are the ones who are not looking to emulate their competitors, but surpass them. It’s better to have a billionaire mind than a millionaire mind.
- Rafael’s companies have seen huge revenue boosts and game-changing improvements from simply adopting more effective means of communication between the team and clients, a technique he learned from the billionaires he studied and aided.
- Not everyone can be a billionaire, because not everyone is willing to pay the price in order to do so. There is always a price to pay for success.
- Being happy and being successful in business are two different goals. It’s difficult to strike the work-life balance if you’re out be a billionaire. You have to sacrifice too much.
- Many people cannot see the vast gulf between a millionaire and a billionaire. For someone earning £500k a year, you can become a millionaire in two years. That same person would need to have been born at the same time as Jesus Christ in order to become a billionaire.
- If you set your sights on becoming a billionaire, then you are not aiming to earn billions of dollars. You are aiming to add billions of dollars of value to yourself or the product you are presenting.
- Rafael divides the world into three categories:
- Drifters – those who let themselves be taken by the current, and who never over-achieve.
- Millionaires – the basic, standard level of those who succeed. It’s surprisingly easy, and normal, to be a millionaire.
- Billionaires – Those who excel. Those who adjust their mindset and realise that in order to truly overachieve, they need to add value.
‘I was a millionaire, but it didn’t feel like success’
‘I’d rather have a billionaire mind than a millionaire mind’
‘Billionaires are operating on the back of decades at the highest level of performance’
‘If you want to be happy in life, then this isn;t the right way to go’
’This is the difference in velocity of how fast you build value’
- The Business Mentor Podcast
- To get 83% off at Surfshark go to www.surfsharkc.om/deals/bmppodcast and use promo code BMPODCAST
- Get your free chapter of The Billion Dollar Secret by going to http://thebilliondollarsecret.com
ABOUT THE GUEST
Rafael Badziag is a Germany based global entrepreneur, top TED speaker, best-selling author and angel investor. He is a valued expert in psychology of entrepreneurship, specializing in self-made billionaires and was featured on NBC, ABC, CBS, BBC and FOX networks as well as in Forbes, CNBC, USA Today, Wall Street Journal and other leading national newspapers and TV networks in over 30 countries around the world.
In the late nineties he built his first multi-million dollar business Raddiscount.de pioneering e-commerce in Europe. It was the first bike online-shop in Germany, which he developed into an established business in the German speaking market. He then expanded his ventures into an array of internet-based services and assets in several countries.
His passion is learning his limits and crossing them as well as learning the limitations of the people around him and helping them to overcome those.
Rafael is founder of the NoLimits project, where he fights against the limitations of his body, mind and soul. You may find him sprinting on a treacherous mountain trail, running a 111 km ultra race across the Sahara Desert, or dancing a tango on the floor of a fancy Milonga. On his English blog, NoLimits.co, he describes his extreme experiences and inspires others to follow his example, to also undertake challenges and to reach seemingly unachievable goals. The motto of this project is given by T.S. Eliot’s words: “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” The mission here is to inspire the readers to live their lives fully with passion and zeal, to make them leave their limits behind them, so they can rise above the boundaries of mediocrity and experience their full potential, exceptional success and deep satisfaction in their lives.
His expeditions and remarkable journeys have taken him several times around the world, from the ice desert of Antarctica through the hottest deserts on the planet to the Peaks of the Seven Summits. He has visited all seven continents.
Rafael has given some of the most popular TED talks in history that have been watched over 3 million times.
The book “Ready, Set, Go!” that he has co-authored with Brian Tracy, the world’s greatest business teacher and personal performance trainer, and some other top experts became an Amazon bestseller in multiple categories and has earned Rafael the Quilly Award.
Recently, Rafael has been traveling the world and meeting the world’s most successful entrepreneurs, all of them self-made billionaires, from various regions, industries, cultures, religions and age groups. He managed to open the most inaccessible doors and got access to some of the wealthiest people on the planet. By conducting face-to-face interviews with them he was able to obtain first hand information on their methods and mindsets. He reveals their success secrets in his book “The Billion Dollar Secret” and the corresponding YouTube channel. The book reached #1 Amazon Best Seller status in several countries including USA, UK, Canada, Brasil and Germany and became a global best seller.
Some people call him The Napoleon Hill of the 21st Century, others – The Billionaire Magnet.
His writing and business activities have a truly global scope.
Rafael is a member of the National Association of Experts, Writers & Speakers. He was recently inducted into the National Academy of Best-Selling Authors. He is a valued contributor to CNBC, Business Insider and Entrepreneur.com
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0-500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all without any investment other than a small amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota and New Look, to name a few.
Its huge success inevitably brought about outside interest, and at the age of 33, Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly-coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to success as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone, 95% of business fail within the first five years, and Jay’s aim is to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.