Jay is chatting with Luca Gallone, global celebrity magician who has 2 million followers on Instagram, and 5 ½ million followers on TikTok.
He has built an audience by putting out incredible content and over the last year has had around 3 billion views for his mind-blowing videos.
When so many people see your content, you start seeing other opportunities and after one of his videos went viral he was invited to appear on the Ellen show, the biggest talk show in America which has led to more opportunities globally.
Luca and Jay focus on the way different social media platforms can be used to build a following and Luca has some great advice on how to create viral content.
You don’t have to know exactly how your audience will build, start creating content and if you believe in your vision things will start coming to you.
- My way of growing has mostly been based on creating viral content that is shared with millions of views this then brings followers from the content itself.
- It was a case of trying lots of different things, then working to make sure everything was the best it could be.
- At all times you need to be thinking about how your content can work for different audiences on different platforms.
- If you commit fully and work hard things will work out.
- Even if you don’t have a huge following you can create a bit of celebrity status and become a celebrity in your niche.
- Instagram is in a transition phase, all platforms ‘age up’ and young people don’t want to be on Instagram if their grandad is on it so they are moving over to TikTok.
- If you want to grow your followers make sure your video is fitted for the platform it is posted on.
- Look at the trends, TikTok is built on trends and the power of these trends is enormous.
- Collaborate with a bigger influencer to increase your reach and grow your followers.
- Keep content short – generally videos under 15 seconds are the most successful.
- You don’t have to know exactly how your audience will build the most important thing is to get started.
‘You should aim to be an expert in the area you are in’
‘My content is about entertaining so the fandom is a little different’
‘I’m very careful about keeping control of my content’
‘Facebook took away the organic reach for influencers and some of my friends’ careers were ruined overnight because they put all their eggs in one basket’
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0 to 500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all without any investment other than a small amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota and New Look, to name a few.
Its huge success inevitably brought about outside interest, and at the age of 33, Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to success as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone, 95% of business fail within the first five years, and Jay’s aim is to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.