A lot of people that Jay network who are really rich with don’t seem to be that fulfilled. Many people including Jay ask themselves why they’re not fulfilled when they have so much money. In this episode of the Business Mentor Podcast Jay explains and discusses his view on why this is.
- Some people who are given wealth are never happy because they don’t and never have lived up to their parent’s success thus makes them feel guilty for sharing so much of their success.
- There are a lot of studies that the third generation are usually the ones who loose their family’s wealth.
- We’re all here for a limited time so live your life to tell your story and experience things that other people haven’t.
- Always be looking to grow, look for opportunities and over come new challenges because it’s a way of creating your own stories. A lot of people love seeing people struggle then come back successful.
- If you’re going through a tough time, don’t forget that people who have a lot of wealth, do have other challenges.
- The short answer is ‘Yes’ a lot of people that are wealthy struggle to be happy because they struggle with fulfilment and growth.
‘you can have so much wealth but not value it because you didn’t create it.’
‘Maybe they want the challenge but they just don’t know how to handle it.’
‘A legacy will be left based on what we’ve achieved not what we’ve maintained.’
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0 to 500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all without any investment other than a small amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota and New Look, to name a few.
Its huge success inevitably brought about outside interest, and at the age of 33, Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to success as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone, 95% of business fail within the first five years, and Jay’s aim is to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.