Stop reading self-help books and start taking action! On today’s episode of The Business Mentor Podcast, Jay shares with you five key things that can really help take your business to the next level. Discover the power of you ‘why’ and learn how to fast-track your knowledge and monetise your passion.
- Stop reading books. Reading books will not take you to the next level. One of the big things if you really want to be successful is simply taking action. There’s more frustration in actually not doing anything that there is when doing something. You can have all the knowledge in the world, if you don’t take action then you will not succeed.
- Five things that will really help you.
- Before you start reading or take any knowledge, spend time on your “why.”
- Consume books, podcast, YouTube videos that focus on your desired outcome. Avoid things that are not related to your topics make sure you don’t drift off.
- Books can take a while to read. If you really want knowledge very quickly, you know what you want to get, then look at the contents and see if you can pick out the knowledge you need so you can fast track it.
- Make notes on this area. If you read a chapter on a book then learn to summarize it so that if you may need to go back to refer to something that you had read, you don’t need to go back and read the whole chapter again.
- Once you’ve got the actual knowledge from the book, actually do what the book says. The whole point of reading books is to get the knowledge and then actually do it.
- To get passionate, you do something, you put the effort in and once it starts being successful, you will become passionate about it. The times that you’ve done something and you become good at it is the time that you become passionate about it. Being passionate is finding something which you become good at.
- Get the knowledge, put in the action but then give it time. This is the formula to success.
- “Reading books would not take you to the next level.”
- “Knowledge is power.”
- “There’s more frustration in actually not doing anything that there is when doing something.”
- “To get passionate, you do something, you put the effort in and once it starts being successful, you become passionate.”
- “Passion is something which you become good at.”
- “If you fail, fail fast, move on to the next thing.”
- “Jack of all trades, master of none.”
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0-500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all without any investment other than a small amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota and New Look, to name a few.
Its huge success inevitably brought about outside interest and at the age of 33, Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly-coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to success as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone 95% of business fail within the first five years and Jay’s aim is to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.