Welcome to the business mentor podcast. This podcast is where we share and discuss the experiences, ideas, and happenings in the world of business featuring some very special guests and experts to give you advice and direction in your journey.
Today, Jay interviews the founder of Valuetainment, the number one YouTube channel for entrepreneurs with over 1million subscribers and owner of the PHP agency, a multi-million-pound sales, marketing and distribution company operating in over 49 states, Patrick Bet David. Listen in to hear his story of business, enterprise, entrepreneurship and mentoring.
How to become an entrepreneur.
- Take everything as math. You got to sit down and look at the different data that you have that’s affecting a lot of things. You’re thinking what’s growing your business is X which in reality was growing your businesses why and you haven’t paid any attention to Y and you’ve been putting all your focus into X because somebody told you Y is more important than y.
- You’ve got to learn the ability to process issues. the more you process issues and the motives behind certain things taking place, business becomes a piece of cake, relationships become a piece of cake, reading people becomes a piece of cake and life becomes a piece of cake.
- Think of the next innovative campaign. That is part of the creative genius of the CEO, the entrepreneur.
- Leadership development. Leadership development is you focusing on taking your current guys that you have on your team.
- Passion. Don’t say you have passion and you don’t know what your passion is. Sometimes we are forcing passion upon ourselves, while in reality, it is more important for you to go work with somebody who’s passionate to have that passion be injected into you.
- The mantra of life. Out-work, out-improve, out-strategize and out-last.
- Level of curiosity. Wanting to know the madness behind that creativity of successful people, what else are they doing?
- “Everything in life is math.”
- “You’ve got to learn the ability to process issues.”
- “What social media has done is if you know how to market and you’re a marketer, you’re going to enjoy the fruits of your labour the next 5, 10, 15, 20 years, may not be forever, but for today, marketers are going to rule the Empire.”
- “Sometimes we are forcing passion upon ourselves, while in reality, it is more important for you to go work with somebody who’s passionate to have that passion be injected into you.”
- “If you want to beat everybody, out-improve every one and see what happens to you.”
- “No one’s a big deal. Everyone’s a human being.”
- YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/patrickbetdavid)
ABOUT THE HOST
Patrick’s incredible story starts with his family immigrating to America when he was 12-years old. His parents fled Iran as refugees during the Iranian revolution and were later granted US citizenship. After high school, Patrick joined the US military and served in the 101st Airborne before starting a business career in the financial services industry. After a tenure with a couple traditional companies such as Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, he was inspired to launch PHP Agency Inc., an insurance sales, marketing, and distribution company – and did so before age 30. PHP is now one of the fastest growing companies in the financial marketplace with over 7,500 agents in 49 states running £100,000,00 dollar business. In 2012, Patrick launched Valuetainment on YouTube. The channel teaches about the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and inspires people to break from limiting beliefs to achieve their dreams. Valuetainment is referred to as the #1 channel for entrepreneurs and currently has over 1,000,000 subscribers.