Welcome back to the Business Mentor Podcast. Today, Jay talks with the founder of ‘Never Ever Too Old’ Ant Knight. Ant and Jay focus on the value of mentoring and the impact it has on your journey to achieving your goals. Jay is a mentor to Ant and they discuss in detail their mentor and mentee relationship and how it helps them both, is crucial to learning, growing and developing, and benefits them equally in life and in business.
Mentorship drives achievement and helps you reach your goals and your dreams, and in this episode, the business mentor, Jay and his mentee, Ant share key aspects of the process and why business mentoring is a must for any entrepreneur.
- The most successful individuals all work with mentors. When people look for mentors they are saying they want to succeed, to be part of the 5% who are the most successful.
- Regular one to one mentor meetings provide accountability. It is this accountability that supports the realisation of goals. Meeting together on a regular basis means that a timetable for things happening is agreed and mentees move forward through the power of accountability.
- Mentors work creating structure and using visualisation providing clarity and focus. A clear structure and knowledge together enable an effective plan. Visualisation is an effective tool for focusing on target audiences and defining the journey and outcomes.
- Working with a mentor opens up networks that can be invaluable. Group mentoring brings mentees with shared experiences together. The power of the group is based on a shared journey and focus on results.
- Finding the right mentor is key. For the working relationship to be positive there needs to be an alignment of values. Integrity is key, a mentors achievement is that of getting the mentee to their chosen destination.
“Mentors have got mentors and there’s a reason for that”
“I’ve walked your path”
“One to one so important, It’s been a game changer”
“All mentees together sharing the experience, all on the same journey, all want the same results – that’s power of group mentoring”
“I don’t need to have the same story as you, I just need to get that clarity for you”
“I genuinely want to help you and this has come from my own mentors”
“Mentoring means you are more likely to be successful, You are more confident”
“Having a mentor increased my chances of success by at least 50%”
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0-500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all without any investment other than a small amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota and New Look, to name a few.
Its huge success inevitably brought about outside interest and at the age 33 Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly-coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to success as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone 95% of business fail within the first five years and Jay’s aim is to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.