Welcome to another episode of The Business Mentor Podcast. In today’s episode, Jay shares with you 10 reasons why you should go into business. Find your reason why and get inspired because getting into business could change your life.
Jay urges you to create excitement and leave a legacy by getting into business and creating freedom in your life. Jay asks you to think about what’s really important to you, create a picture in your mind, follow the steps and make it a reality.
Carry on the discussion and keep the conversation going by emailing Jay@businessmentorpodcast.com Jay would love to hear your reasons why you choose business.
10 Reasons Why You Should Go Into Business
- Freedom – Escape the 9-5 and do what you love by being in control.
- Legacy – What is it you want to achieve and what is it you want to share with your loved ones?
- Make Your Model Better – What can you change and improve?
- Make Money – Money is the oxygen of any business, before chasing your why create a cashflowing business.
- Learn New Skills – Quickly learn and improve your skill base. In a small business, you’re forced to learn great skills that will stay with you for life.
- Create Jobs – Help people and provide an income for others.
- Live With Excitement – Make the most of your business and create excitement in your life.
- Leverage – Outsource the tasks you’re not fond of, create freedom and do the things you want to do.
- Dealing With Pressure – Learn the ability to deal with pressurized situations and reap the rewards as you grow.
- Innovation – Have the ability to change course at any given time. Be fast and flexible in your business and pioneer change as a decision maker
“Legacy is really important, above money and above time. It’s what you leave behind”
“Create a picture in your mind, follow the steps and make it a reality”
ABOUT THE HOST
Jay Dhillon is a serial entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist based in the UK with a proven track record of growing businesses from start-up to success- and helping others do the same. From humble beginnings, Jay grew his first business from 0-500 employees and three locations, racking up sales of over £30 million – all without any investment other than a small amount of savings. The business went on to acquire major clients such as Landrover, Jaguar, Toyota and New Look, to name a few.
Its huge success inevitably brought about outside interest and at the age 33 Jay eventually sold the company to a London investment firm in Doyen Resources. Today, Jay owns several businesses in different sectors and helps entrepreneurs achieve success.
A calling to give back and help others led to Jay being chosen for the highly-coveted role as a Prince’s Trust mentor, where his achievements were marked by a personal invitation to Buckingham Palace to meet Prince Charles.
After helping several young entrepreneurs to success as a mentor for the Trust, Jay’s burning desire to bring his wisdom and knowledge to a wider audience ultimately triggered the concept of The Business Mentor Podcast.
Jay feels that anyone can achieve success in business with the right advice and mentoring and is now sharing his knowledge with his growing audience via his podcast.
In the UK alone 95% of business fail within the first five years and Jay’s aim is to reduce that number.
Backed with the hard-earned knowledge and experience from his time in business, The Business Mentor Podcast will share Jay’s personal business lessons as well those of other successful entrepreneur guests who share their wisdom and secrets on the show.